Thursday, February 16, 2006

Nice treatment in Pinerolo

After 13 and a half hours travel I finally arrived in Frossasco, just outside of Pinerolo, at seven o'clock Friday night. I was picked up by my hosts, Franco and Manuela, at Piscina station, and they invited me to see the opening ceremony with them on their large TV. And I was very well treated. They served me pizza, cheese, fruit, italian beer and sicilian almond wine. I was exhausted from the a long day of traveling, so I went to bed shortly after the opening ceremony, a little bit worried if Jeroen was going to find his way.

No need to worry. Shortly after midnight me cellphone rang. In my dreams I thought it was the alarm, and before I really understood what was happening I had rejected the call. Almost one and a half hour later I was awoken again. A kind of strange sound and the dog barking in the garden told me that someone probably was at the door. I opened the front door, but noone was there. That strange sound came back, and I realised the gate was closed, and there was probably some kind of phone to answer calls at the gate, but where was it? I heard the sound again, and now I found it.

Five minutes later Jeroen was on his way to bed. He had been taking a cab from the airport, but the driver only spoke Italian, he had problems reading the address on the voucher Jeroen showed him, and even when he finally learned the address, he had big problems finding it. Welcome to Italy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home